BUSINESS & BRAND
- What is the product or service that you offer? What do you do?
- What is your business model?
- How are you better than your competitors?
- What do customers feel makes you special?
- Who are your target segments / personas?
- What are their biggest challenges (pains)?
- What are their goals (gains)? What problems are they trying to solve?
- What tasks do they need to accomplish (jobs-to-be-done)?
- What steps do the customers take from awareness, interest, desire, and action?
- Who are your direct competitors?
- What differentiates you? What do you do better than your competitors?
- What are some things your competitors do better than you?
- What are some attributes that accurately describe your brand?
- Describe (or provide) brand colors, fonts, or other design elements.
- Describe (or provide) key messages, taglines, and proof points
- How do customers/consumers describe your brand?
- How do you hope to differentiate your brand?
- Do brand guidelines exist?
- Does a style guide exist?
- What does your current marketing, social, and content strategy look like?
- What other digital channels are used within your marketing efforts?
- How are marketing and sales efforts aligned? Describe the sales process?
- What channels distribute content on after published on your site?
- What are the main goals of your website? How does it fit into the overall strategy?
- How will you measure results?
- What is and isn’t working about your current website? What stays and what goes?
- What products/services/elements need to be prominently featured?
- What new features / functionality would you like implemented?
- How do you see this site next year or in 5 years?
- Consider competitor websites. What works and what does not work?
- What others sites might users be on? What elements might they like?
- What websites do you like? Describe what you like about the style and functionality.
- Do you need to purchase a domain name?
- Who is currently hosting your website? Are you looking to switch hosts?
- Do you know where your DNS is controlled?
- Do you have an SSL certificate in place?
- What security measures do you currently have in place?
- What technologies are you currently using? Versions?
- What triggers users to come to your website / reach out to your business?
- What content is your user often looking for? What questions do they commonly ask?
- What do you want newcomers to know or do on your site?
- What do you want current customers to know or do on your site?
- What are the biggest challenges within your industry?
- What key actions would you like users to take on your site?
- What forms need to be in place on your site?
- What happens after forms are submitted / actions are taken?
KEY PAGES & INFORMATION
- What pages should be on your site?
- What key pieces of info should be available on every single page of your website?
- What CTAs / conversions need to be in place on your site?
- What terms would people search for to find your company?
- What search terms are you targeting? What about your competitors?
- When do you want to start work on your new website?
- When do you want it to go live?
- What is your budget for this project?
- Are there any constraints (technological, commercial, organizational, etc.)?
- Who will be responsible for reviewing and providing feedback on the new website design?
- ****Who will have final approval for the website prior to launching?
- Who will develop and maintain content?
- Do you have someone who can create and optimize content for search engines?
QUESTIONS FOR USERS
- What does a typical weekday look like?
- Tell me about your role in your business.
- What are your daily responsibilities?
- What are some of the apps and websites you use the most?
- How do you currently manage such and such a problem or task?
- With this project, are you looking for a solution/an alternative to a particular problem or task?
- Tell me about the last time you tried to solve this problem or that task
- How do you think our solution could help you?
- Can you tell me about your most notable experience/interaction with the existing solution?
- What do you like/dislike about the existing solution?
- How does this problem affect you?
- How did you solve/work around this problem?
- What is most difficult / most frustrating about the existing solution?
- If you had a magic wand, what would you change?
- Could you describe the ideal product/experience…?
- What would your friend/partner/colleague think about this?
- Is there anything you would like to add?
- Do you want to talk about a specific topic before we finish?
- Do you have any questions for me about the project?